Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 14 June 2012

Tell me something Thursday


Hey guys... Sorry you caught me having a quick nap! I LOVE naps!
Don't you? There's nothing quite like a quick power nap to zap you back to life when you're slowing down! Don't fight it...NAP!

Anyway.. Today's tell me something is inspired by a journal prompt in my 30 day journal!

Who inspires YOU?


ME? I'm inspired by Miranda July!



Miranda July (born February 15, 1974) is an American performance artist, writer, actress and film director.

And I think she basically RULES!

I love the way she thinks..The things she creates..The clothes she wears..How she does her hair!
She totally fascinates me.

She wrote..directed AND starred in my favourite movie

Me and You and Everyone We Know




And it was this still from that movie


that inspired my self portrait


Her art is unique..crazy..cool and just so much fun!



Her book No one belongs here more than you is fascinating..

A collection of short stories.. In these stories, July gives the most seemingly insignificant moments a sly potency. A benign encounter, a misunderstanding, a shy revelation can reconfigure the world. Her characters engage awkwardly -- they are sometimes too remote, sometimes too intimate. With great compassion and generosity, July reveals their idiosyncrasies and the odd logic and longing that govern their lives. 

I love the way she thinks...The way she writes..

Every little mundane thing is described magically.. Her movies really make you think too.. Like there's more to life than what you just see!

And check this out... The book was released in 4 colours..


Perfect for the fashion conscious book worm..



Yep..This lady is super cool!

And if I haven't given YOU enough reasons to think she's ace.. Check out this movie!


Amazing!


Well there you have it! I'm inspired by Miranda July!

That's just a little bit of info..
There's SO much more, but it's time for bed here so I'll love you and leave you!

What about YOU!?? Which famous person inspires YOU??

I'd love to hear... So come on guys lets share our favourite inspirational people
and have a pyjama party!

Love and rainbows...Kitty xxx

No comments: