Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, 31 December 2010

It's been a while...

Hey guys..Sorry I vanished for a bit but when my Dad got ill I forgot to keep up with anything. So here I'll try and fill you in on what's been happening. Firstly we got my Dad's test results and yes the cancer is aggressive and severe but hasn't spread, so in the circumstances it was as good a news as we could expect. Dad is really upbeat and starts radiotherapy in the new year. We're all staying really positive for him so all I ask is that you guys can keep him in your thoughts and help to send magical wishes his way! I've promised Dad I won't panic in the new year..Well said I'll try my best! In fact it was a phone call with Dad that made me get a move on and get in the festive spirit. He got his results and said "Christmas starts here!"

And it did.. On 1st December we got snow! How perfect? And in fact for down here pretty much unheard of, however I do remember the snow when I was 3! It was so bad that my Dad had to lift me out of the kitchen window!



Then..I put our tree up! We only had room for a little one this year due to Ethel's mammoth tank! But I think it's lovely! Small but perfectly formed! And it made me feel all festive glowing from the corner of the room!



Then I did some festive doodles and mini plushies for my overseas sisters Lindsay and Cuppy..






And then...WOW! It was our anniversary!! Jacob and me.....2 whole years! Can you believe it?? I did him a doodle and stitched him a funny little squidhead plush, I love that boy so so much!



And as for me?? Well Jacob wrote me a love letter! I just adore letters! In fact I love anything cute and creative.. A thoughtful handmade gift means the world!




Well..Then..Before you could even say Ho ho ho! The big red guy was delivering Christmas pressies!!

Christmas WAS HERE!!!

I got some awesome presents..



Jacob got me loads of cool stuff! Including...DRUM ROLL!! THE UNICORN COSTUME!!!!




Then it was off to Mum and Dad's for Christmas lunch!



And Dad's Annual firestarting extravaganza that is the Christmas indoor fireworks display!! Wooooo! I love it!



Go DAD! You rule!!



In fact Christmas this year was so magical that I made Mum and Dad a thank you poster hilighting a few of my favourite bits!



THEN... It was Happy New Bears Eve!!



I got a new hat!! And it was time to get ready to ring out the old..

Soooo.. Along with Jacob and Noah I headed off to the beach for our Annual New Years Eve fish and chips on the sand watching the waves..



Check out the amazing rainbow coloured beach huts! How beautiful?



We took silly tourist photos on the pier



And I posed in true Cuppy style in homage to her awesome photo and the fact that we are not only coat but umbrella twins!



Hah! Look I even did a doodle of it!...



Anyway then we headed home.. I dressed as a unicorn. Noah dressed as a tiny wolf and the three of us played Wii party and Rock band 3! Bring on the Pearl Jam set!!

Then it was time to say goodbye to 2010...

With Santa's last 365 photo! Phew it's been a crazy year..Lots of sad times..Loads of worry but lets not forget all the good times too! I had lots of fun..Met some amazing people and discovered some interesting things even about myself!

In fact one of the most amazing things that happened to me in the year was that I actually started to sell my doodles! People actually like them and want them on their walls..They make people smile and that's all I really wanted!

So take it away Santa!!



And if you wanna know what a year in my life looks like....

Well here you go..



A mixture of emotions but ALWAYS full of fun and lots of colour!

Happy New Year guys...Here's to 2011!

2 comments:

Bex said...

Welcome back to Blogland, Kitty. I've missed you!

Hugs and positive thoughts to your Dad, and to you and the boys. You guys are awesome!

xx

Anonymous said...

I follow you on facebook ... but I just wanted to comment here and say I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your dad's way!

Also, your creative and sweet spirit has been such an inspiration for me this past year! :) Looking forward to all your kitty-kookiness in 2011!

xoxo

Jessica
http://thelaizydaisy.com