Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 11 September 2010

30 days of me day 24

A letter to my parents..



Dear Mum and Dad,

Well I only saw you both yesterday but here it is... A long awaited letter from your daughter! Wow I wonder how many letters I've written you? Probably not many because we see each other quite a lot. I remember getting letters from you when I was younger and away at Brownie and Guide camps.. I still have them! I missed you so much when I went away, and although it was only for a weekend, it seemed like ages! I also have the letters from when you went away to Stone Dad! I loved your funny little pictures and the way you always asked us to look after Mum while you were away!

There are so many things about growing up that I miss. I loved being tucked up in bed again after waking from a bad dream, or crawling between you when there was a thunderstorm. I miss feeling safe when I hid behind Snowy bear in bed. The trips to the New Forest where we would pick blackberries and picnic! Hand knitted jumpers, cycle rides with Dad (Haha noisy brakes!)Trips to the cinema..Waiting for hours to see Snow White and crying all the way back to the car holding your hand after E.T. I loved being a child and I thank you so much for being my Mum and Dad.. I know how lucky I am!

I know there have been times when we haven't seen eye to eye and I've let you down.. I've let myself down! But deep down knowing that you were there has always helped me through. I think it's only on becoming a Mum myself that I fully appreciate everything you've ever done for me. It's not an easy job huh? But you're doing a great job still after all these years! You've helped to mould me into the parent I am myself. You set the standards for me to follow and to send little Noah off on his way one day..Wow that's going to be hard, but I know I can do it.. We all grow older but if Noah still feels about me they way I feel about you then I'll be so very happy forever.

I want you to be proud of me.. I want to achieve my dreams and for you to be happy in the knowledge that I am and that I am living the life I've always dreamed of..

I know we don't say it much..But I love you both so very very much.. More than I could ever really say in a letter or even in person.. It's a limitless overwhelming feeling that doesn't fade over time.. You made me.. I like me..And I thank you for that from the bottom of my heart! I thank you for the endless memories that I carry forever with me in my heart..

I'd pick you both again in a second! I hope you'd still pick me!

All my love.. Your once little girl.. Deep down..I haven't really changed a bit!! xxx


No comments: