Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 8 July 2010

Tell your story story with RVA

This year I took part in a Red Velvet Art class that I truly believe changed my life for the better. I discovered lots about myself..How to express my emotions on paper, how to journal in mixed media, and how to just let go and follow my heart!



Here's my story...


How I feel today...Three wishes...

Three wishes and my day today....

I always spell tomorrow WRONG!! Bah!

I want more than anything... Deep down...

I want more than anything was weird because I am not great at mixed media! I like paper and pen (roller ball not marker!) plain and simples!!

and deep down... Well its hard going deep inside and facing stuff huh!?


Inspired by print...

I found this in an old magazine... It was perfect for me! This was fun.. Not what I'd usually do but I'd love to try more in this style!


A closer look...

I love being a Mum... But time passes too fast and if you blink you miss things! This page is dedicated to my little Noah.. Well not so little now... I have no idea where the time has gone.. He's just turned 9! Hold on to every precious moment and try not to take things for granted. He cried when he saw this because he thought it was so lovely! The green is for him.. It's his favourite colour! This class is really helping me, I love to express my feelings and being creative at the same time is a dream!


Dream list...

Working with mixing it up again... This class is really helping me... Here are my BIG DREAMS!!


Pretty soon...

These things will be happening.

Dream home...

How it would look and all the wonderful things I would like it to have!

Monday...

Monday You give me inspiration and the will to get up and start again!
This was a super fun prompt.. Playing with tissue was fun fun fun!!!


Favourite memory...

For my favourite memory page I was to use a piece of fabric.. Here I used a piece of my old pillowcase as inspiration and my memory was my bed as a child.. I had matching sheets in this fantastic winceyette fabric and loved the smell of them so much, they were ultra cosy! My best friend was Snowy bear! He was a panda bear ( I still have him) and I would hide behind him in bed... I remember thinking if anyone bad got in they would be scared of the GIANT panda in my bed and run for their lives!! Truth is he wasn't really that big.. I was small but thought he was giant and would keep me safe.. He did a great job!


Moving forward...

Today's prompt is 'moving forward'. What do you need and want to move forward? What makes you excited to keep moving?

Summer goals...

What have you been dreaming about this summer? Do you get a break from your normal routine or are you going to have to really carve out some time for yourself? What kind of projects are on your list? What childhood traditions do you still participate in? Any new goals?

Mixed media...

Inspired by my love of the rain!


My best friend...

This prompt made me think of this doodle I did for Jacob when we first together.. Mainly because i listed all the things he likes and i like and the things we like together!So I photocopied it cut it up and mixed colour in there! he's not just a boyfriend... he's my best friend!


Secret world...

I used the splattered leftover blotting page for this one and covered the background with tissue! And YES I love pom poms!!!


Secret message...

Some things I hide..But you ALWAYS know. I picked him because i knew he's understand!


Guilty pleasures...

Well I don't feel so guilty about them either! I love rocking out to bad music.. And getting into musicals! I don't even feel guilty that Finian's rainbow is one of my favourites! :P


Let's have a party...

Mine would be in the woods... Animal masks a must! Also lanterns...bunting in the trees..balloons..party games..cupcakes..and a sunset!

Today...

Sometimes a pretty paragraph isn't what's inside so I often employ the listing method. I started with a title and then shared small snippets of my day using descriptive words. I didn't mean for it to start rhyming but then just went with it towards the end. It allows for more freedom but still captures an interesting part of your life in a unique way.Either way you do it, your page deserves a great doodle or font. Just see what happens and enjoy the process!


Reasons I'm fabulous...

Or just lucky really..

Circles..

Focus on what matters most. Here are the things that matter.. And the things that matter to me!

I loved this page.. I find circles very inspirational! My Grandpa used to doodle amazing doodles formed from crazy circles.. It's kinda stuck!



One day..Two ways..

I went on a boat to a magical island and sat on the beach with my journal! It was truly wonderful!


Negative spaces..

Use the word 'Stop' as your title and finish the sentence. It can be positive or negative. See what you can do with negative shapes and/or using your cutout as a stencil. I wasn't sure about this prompt so I changed it about a bit! The main thing that needs to stop round here is my worrying.. I have crazy bad anxiety about things... I used the cut out idea but with fabric and felt behind it! My picture was a diagram about how anxiety can affect health.. I need to calm down!


I'm afraid...


Of a few little things!

Choices...

Some are fun..some aren't but they shape who we are.. I loved doing these pages! Rainbows rule!!


Need more...

These are things I would really love more of.

Small steps...

Things that would make my life sweeter and healthier! Fab fabric for this one!

Today my thoughts are...

Full of a lot of silly stuff!

Noted...

I really really do love lists!

My weekend...

And the reasons it was wonderful!

Change is good...

But it always scares me.
Not sure how I feel about this page.. I really didn't like it because the pen bled but now I'm kinda happy with the result. I never use paint usually!

Summer...

And all the plans that come with it!

WOW! That was an awesome adventure.. How much fun!? I am now completely addicted to this whole journalling thing..I'm never gonna stop!

2 comments:

apparentlyjessy said...

Wow, your journal is lovely! I wish I had signed up for that class in time, you have some very inspiration pages there! Thanks for sharing.

Flame said...

Wouldn't have placed you as scared of caterpillars!