Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 5 June 2008

Therapy

Well my family would describe me as slightly obsessive about things! I have numerous empty journals and notebooks that I can't use for fear of ruining them! I buy 2 of everything I like so as to not spoil one, and I even take a picture of my bookshelves before I dust them so my toys all go back in the same place! Scared yet? The list of oddities could go on!

So to help me overcome these problems and have some fun whilst doing it, I bought myself a wreck journal!!

This is therapy....

INSTRUCTIONS...
1. Carry this with you EVERYWHERE you go!
2. Follow the instructions on every page.
3. Order is not important.
4. Instructions are open to interpretation.
5. Experiment! (Work against your better judgement!)

WARNING: During the process of this book you will get dirty. You may find yourself covered in paint,or any other number of foreign substances. You will get wet. You may be asked to do things you question. You may grieve for the perfect state that you found your book in. You may begin to see creative destruction everywhere. You may begin to live more recklessly!

Perfect condition...

Firstly...I carried it back and forwards in my bag to get used to it getting slightly bashed about!

Then I opened it at a random page..

Wreck this journal day 1..Crack the spine!!

And as instructed I....wait for it...hold your breath...cracked the spine!!!
Waaah! It nearly broke my heart to do it, but I made a good start!

Wreck this journal day 1

Anyway, after that totally out of character book bending, I chose a page that was more me... A doodling page. I had to cover the page with circles, here's the result..

Wreck this journal day 1 Fill this page with circles!!

Inspired by the lovely sunny day we ended up having down here!

Wow! I am already feeling slightly less controlled :) Not to mention excited for the weird and wonderful things this little book may have in store for me tomorrow!!
Until then..xxx

4 comments:

Sian said...

Yeeeeeee!! I can't write in journals either - I did see this and think OOOH I need one of those! ut I don't thinkI could break its spine :/
You were very strong, well done
Did you buy a second one to keep pristine?
xxx

Siansburys said...

eh? wrong blogger id.. lol

Jennifer Rose said...

that is such a cool idea for a journal :) wish I had of thought of it lol
I always have a hard time using the first few pages of my sketchbooks until they get a little worn around the edges and than they get really messy :p I have probably over a dozen sketchbooks that are only half full :/ but I figure I need sketchbooks in all different sizes :p

mrsb said...

Oh, this made me smile!